9 October, 2023 | Indramat, F226, Fault, Code, Understanding, Fix, Repair
While Indramat may have ceased to exist, its legacy lives on in the form of motion control systems and related products that were renowned for their exceptional performance and longevity during its existence. When properly installed and used as intended, these systems operated seamlessly for over a decade. Even today, many motion control systems that were implemented nearly two decades ago continue to rely on Indramat products.
However, as time passes, errors can surface, and it is crucial to address them promptly. One such error that may appear on the H1 display is the F226 fault code. This code is displayed in two segments as "F2" followed by "26" in an alternating pattern, persisting on the display until the necessary steps are taken to clear the error.
The user manual accompanying your drive controller provides an explanation for the F226 fault code, defining it as an "Undervoltage error." The drive controller continuously monitors the DC bus voltage level during the operation of the motion control system. When the voltage falls below the minimum threshold specified by the manufacturer, the drive controller initiates an immediate shutdown, followed by the entire motion control system, triggering the F226 code.
Common Causes of the F226 Fault Code
Several factors can lead to the occurrence of the F226 fault code, including:
- Power being shut off before the RF drive enable signal is deactivated.
- Disturbances in the power supply, possibly due to issues like electrical instability.
- Malfunctioning or faulty power supply.
- Cable failures or issues in one or more cables.
1. How can the F226 fault code be resolved?
- The initial step in resolving the F226 fault code is to verify whether the unit resets after an E-stop is triggered. If it doesn't reset, it may indicate a blown power section or bridge due to wiring problems, necessitating the replacement of the drive controller. Check for issues with the power supply module causing power supply disruptions and replace it with a stable and reliable power source. Ensure you have a suitable power backup system. Disconnect the control enable signal and inspect all cables to ensure they are intact and in good condition. Tighten loose connections and replace damaged cables with functional ones.
2. Can the F226 fault code be resolved in-house?
- Simple fixes such as replacing a power supply unit, tightening loose cables, and replacing faulty cables can typically be handled in-house. However, for more complex tasks like drive controller replacement, it is advisable to enlist the assistance of professionals.
Rely on Wake Industrial for Indramat Support
Wake Industrial understands that addressing Indramat fault codes can be challenging. Our experienced professionals can provide you with the necessary guidance and support. We also offer repair services for your Indramat products. With our extensive inventory of refurbished Indramat products, replacement is readily accessible. Additionally, you can obtain a copy of a misplaced manual from us, ensuring you have all the resources you need.