9 October, 2023 | Understanding, Indramat, F406, Fault, Code, Repair, Diagnosis
Indramat, a pioneer in motion control systems, was renowned for its products until its acquisition by Rexroth and subsequent takeover by Bosch Rexroth, leading to its discontinuation. The company's range of motion control products included motors, encoders, drive controllers, power supplies, and more, available in various configurations to suit a wide array of applications. Known for their exceptional performance and longevity, Indramat products continue to be integral components in motion control systems implemented decades ago.
While new Indramat products are no longer manufactured, refurbished options can be sourced from various suppliers, including Bosch Rexroth and Wake Industrial.
Indramat products are associated with various error codes, each denoting different types of issues and varying in severity. These error codes facilitate troubleshooting, with some allowing for simple in-house resolutions, while others necessitate the expertise of professionals.
The Indramat F406 error code is defined by the manufacturer as a "Phase switching without ready signal error." This error code is indicated on the H1 status display of the drive controller as "F4" followed by "06" in a cyclic pattern.
Common Causes of the F406 Fault Code
The F406 fault code can be triggered in two instances, both related to the SERCOS module:
1. The SERCOS master module attempts to change phases without receiving a ready signal from the associated drive controller.
2. The SERCOS module itself is malfunctioning or defective.
1. What type of error code is the F406 fault code?
- The F406 fault code belongs to the category of F4XX type F codes as specified by Indramat, commonly referred to as interface error codes. When these error codes are generated, the associated drive controller selects the best deceleration set available.
2. Can the Indramat F406 fault code be resolved in-house?
- Resolving the F406 fault code is not a straightforward in-house fix. It requires the expertise of personnel trained to handle such complex errors. Therefore, seeking professional support is essential if you encounter this fault code while operating your motion control system.
At Wake Industrial, our dedicated team of professionals boasts years of experience in servicing and repairing all types of Indramat products. When the need arises, you can count on us to address the issue promptly and affordably, ensuring minimal downtime and a swift return to operational status. Additionally, we offer a selection of refurbished Indramat products, all backed by a one-year warranty. Beyond replacements and repairs, we can also provide user manuals for your products in case you have misplaced or lost your copy.